Sunday, February 12, 2012

Long Walks.

I took some time driving around Lee's Summit after visiting Dan, Jon and Dennis. I was pretty tired, but so much in the town had changed that I had to go looking at some of the places I used to haunt. Naturally, I passed near where my old collections job was and I had to go see. Did the place get leveled? Was it still there and open? I drove up and there was a corporate sign for another company there, but the building was just how I left.

I had forgotten certain parts of it, which I started recalling in vivid detail - things on the inside I remembered as I looked on the outside. I couldn't stay very long, I started to get a cross of anger and low level fear just being there. I just couldn't be there without thinking how much going through that job affected me even today. I feel like I was abused by it and forever changed, and I wanted to do something permanent and destructive.

So I left. I guess I may never settle things with that particular demon.

No comments:

Post a Comment